What is Holotropic Breathwork®?
Holotropic Breathwork® is a powerful approach to self-exploration and personal empowerment that relies on our innate inner wisdom and its capacity to move us toward positive transformation and wholeness. Acknowledging, accessing and supporting the inner healing intelligence and impulse in each individual is the essential cornerstone of this approach.
The theoretical framework integrates insights from modern consciousness research, anthropology, various depth psychologies, transpersonal psychology, Eastern spiritual practices, and mystical traditions of the world.
Holotropic Breathwork® adheres to the Principles of HB as written by HB developers Christina Grof and Stanislav Grof and the Ethical Agreements for HB. Only practitioners certified through Grof Transpersonal Training (GTT) are allowed to practice Holotropic Breathwork®.
The word holotropic, coined by Stanislav Grof, means literally “moving toward wholeness” (from the Greek “holos”=whole and “trepein”=moving in the direction of something).
Holotropic Breathwork® provides access to expanded states of consciousness, during which your session is informed by your inner healing intelligence and transformational impulse. This innate wisdom guides the experiences towards those aspects which are ready to be processed or integrated. Each session is unique for each person and at each time they experience this work. HB might be of interest if:
- You are seeking a more experiental approach to healing, one that goes beyond talk therapy.
- You are experiencing a major life crisis and seeking deep wisdom and insights.
- You want to release unresolved issues from the past.
- You want to understand the emotional roots of a persistent physical/psychosomatic condition.
- You want to expand your consciousness and further explore your spiritual path.
- You are interested in experiencing expanded states of awareness without consuming a substance